The Glass Piano

>> Friday, May 6, 2016

my glass piano




"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You." (Ps. 63:3)



Once upon a 1963 summertime in a glass-blowing shop on a family vacation to the Smoky Mountains, my life-long friend, Mary, got a beautiful piano figurine. Because the treasure was out of my parents' budget, I got a little, amber-glass weenie dog. (It was cute.)

Knowing that story, years later on a romantic get-away to the Smokys, my loving, kind husband slipped back to that shop and bought me a glass piano. (Tomorrow marks the 45th anniversary of my first date with that good man!)


Beloved, Jesus Christ is our loving, kind Bridegroom. Blessed be the LORD who redeems our life from the pit, who crowns us with lovingkindness and compassion; who satisfies our years with good things, so that our youth is renewed like the eagles. (Psalm 103:3-4)



(Follow up to yesterday's "Ask Rebecca" post. My 6-year-old grandboy's take on The Schoolhouse: It's not scary at all! A little weird. If it were real, I wouldn't be frightened, a little worried, but not too scared.") 



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP