21 Days of Prayer - Day 16

>> Monday, January 20, 2014

My kids at Rebecca's wedding, 2004
"Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy." (Proverbs 27:6)


                   I was pleasantly surprised last week to learn of Martine Bates Sharp's review of my storybook, Secrets of Shiloh, in the January 16th issue of The Alabama Baptist. Sandwiched between her gracious compliments like "the book is well written with an engaging story" and "I would recommend it for older children", however,  lay a short stack of constructive 
criticisms: "too good of a story for a book this length", "the story leaves feeling cheated", and "too short."
             After a slight wince, I thought, Hey, she makes a good point and offers wise counsel worth heeding! I think I'll try it! So, today begins the amplification process of Hoot Owl Hollow, the next storybook, to Hoot Owl Hollow, my first novella!

             Dear friend, when criticisms or corrections come our way, let's choose to embrace the opportunities to grow and glow for Jesus!

"My dear child, don't shrug off God's discipline, but don't be crushed by it either. It's the child He loves that He disciplines; the child He embraces, He also corrects." (Heb. 12:5-6, The Message)   

                   

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP