Alabama's Blustery Day

>> Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Our Little Fishpond today

"The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." (2 Chron. 16:9a)

         Yesterday, a mere two inches of snow wreaked havoc along the highways and byways of Alabama. Everyone has unique stories to tell about wrecked cars, stranded kids, or hours in traffic, but every story I've heard has ended the same: "Thank You, Jesus!" 

My story:

          My dear friend, Jane, and I were in Bible study at the N. Avondale library when the librarian told us that road conditions were rapidly deteriorating. Because Jesus placed a trail of good Samaritans along our way, we made it safe and sound to our warm homes...9 hours later.
         Good Samaritan #1: the nice man that told me to put my Volkswagen Beetle in low gear to make it up the slippery hill.
         Good Samaritan #2: the young man at the gas station that gave us directions back to the freeway.
         Good Samaritan #3: my sweet husband, Phillip, who stayed on the phone with me for almost two hours coaching me on which roads to take and how to drive in icy conditions. 
         Good Samaritan #4: my hero son, Ben, who drove his 4-wheel drive Jeep for hours and hours and hours up mountains, around stalled cars, and out of ditches to rescue not only Jane and me, but also a young couple who'd been walking on hwy. 280 for 5 1/2 hours, a gentleman that needed to get home to heart medication, as well as, his own sweet, pregnant wife, Gabbi, and a co-worker who were stranded at work.
         Thank You, Lord Jesus!

"Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds...You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is Your unfailing love, O God. All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your wings." (Psalm 36:5-7)

         

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP