21 Days of Prayer - Day 5

>> Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rebecca's family at my grandchildren's piano recital, Dec. 2013


"Blow the ram's horn at new moon, and again at the full moon to call a festival!" Psalm 81:3


        I mentioned in an earlier post that one highlight for me over the Christmas holidays was playing piano duets with my grandchildren. From the countless verses on musical instruments and songs recorded in the Bible, I believe we can safely conclude that music with His children is a highlight for God as well.

        In the Old Testament, trumpet calls issued one of two commands: either to gather or to march. According to the Blue Letter Bible Commentary on Psalm 81, "when the people of God were gathered together...they must be told that they had business to do, [likewise] we do not go to church to sleep or be idle; no, there is that with the duty of every day requires, work of the day, which is to be done in its day."

       Today requires me to drive to the Foundry Community Center where I will teach the Bible to the precious people of Bessemer, Alabama. In the fall, God focused our lessons on evangalism: bringing lost souls into salvation in Him. This semester, I believe Jesus has instructed me to equip the saints for the Christian duty that every day requires!
       Let us listen to God's trumpet calls to first, gather together in praise and worship of Jesus, and then, march into a dark world as instruments of His light in Jesus' name!

(Special note to those of you in my Wednesday small group: the pretty Christmas dress that my granddaughter is wearing in the picture above came from our dear friend Cynthia! O how we miss sweet Cynthia but rejoice that she is home with Jesus, healed and singing His praises!)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP