21 Days of Prayer - Day 2

>> Monday, January 6, 2014

My "snow-bunnies" (grandkids), Dec. 2013

"Listen, My people, and I will admonish you...if you would only listen to Me!" (Psalm 81:8)

          With icy road conditions predicted, last night, I made the decision to participate in this morning's prayer service online instead of driving to our church at 6:00 a.m.. Obviously, I listened to man over the Holy Spirit, because Birmingham roads were clear!
           Every January and August, my church, Church of the Highlands,  observes a season of prayer and seeking God. Thus far, Jesus has faithfully guided me to a particular Bible passage to "chew" on during the 21 days. This January, that passage is Psalm 81 - specifically today: verse 8 and the words listen and admonish

          Various Bible translations render the word admonish as "instruct" or "warn", but Thomas Nelson's Biblical Cyclopedic Index defines admonition as "wise words spoken against evil acts!" I love that definition! 
          To me, a great example of God's admonishment or God's wise words spoken against evil acts is found in Eph. 6:10-11: My children, be strengthened in Me and in My vast power, and put on My full armor so that you can stand against the tactics of the devil.
          
           How can you hear God's admonitions, i.e. His warnings and instructions? LISTEN! God made it very clear in Psalm 81:8: "If you will only listen to ME, then I will admonish you!" And how do you listen to God? By reading and obeying His own words: the Bible!

O Father God, I pray that today my readers and I will sit in Your Presence and LISTEN to You through Your Word! I pray that we will hear and heed Your admonitions. O Lord, You are an awesome God, Father, Savior, and Teacher. I love you with all my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen and Amen!

21 Days of Prayer:
www.churchofthehighlands.com
M-F @ 6:00 a.m. CST
Sat. @ 9:00 a.m. CST


Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP