21 Days of Prayer - Day 9

>> Monday, January 13, 2014

My mother and me, 1978


"I relieved his shoulder from the burden; his hands from carrying the basket." (Psalm 81:6)

              After an audition, a "call-back" is good news; but after an annual check-up, I confess that for me a "call-back" incites fear and trepidation - especially since my mother died of breast cancer.  On Friday, when caller I.D. showed my doctor's office "calling back", I thought, O brother! Sure enough, I need to return to the women's diagnostic center for further evaluation.
              There I was, standing at an emotional cross-roads of Worrying Way or Trusting Trail, when I believe the Lord lovingly whispered, "Jill, you've carried this burden too long. I want you to trust Me and face your fear." And thanks be to God, I'm peacefully strolling down Trusting Trail. 

              What about you? Are unknown circumstances tempting you to worry? Then please understand that Jesus is worthy to be trusted and able to help you overcome those fears!

Thank You, God, for relieving my mind and replacing fear with Your peace that surpasses understanding. Lord Jesus, please help my readers to also trust You in their potentially worrisome situations. In Jesus' name! Amen and amen!

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow;
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives!1

View 21 Day of Prayer live at:
www.churchofthehighlands.com
M-F @ 6:00 a.m. CST
Sat. @ 9:00 a.m. CST
Sun. @ 8:00, 9:30, 11:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CST

1 BECAUSE HE LIVES. Bill Gaither, 1971.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP