Be Still, Jill!

>> Thursday, August 22, 2013

Jill still at three, 1959

"Be still (cease striving, let go, relax, be calm, step out of the traffic, esten quietos, stop! take a long loving look at Me) and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalm 46:10

          As I've shared before, during the January and August prayer seasons, Jesus consistently and graciously guides me by His Holy Spirit to a specific Scripture to contemplate, study, consider, meditate, take in, and chew and chew and chew on. This 21-days-of-prayer, that verse is Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations!"
          What have I learned? Yes, God has set a work before me: write and teach. But I must understand that my part is simply to sit still in the Lord's Presence, know Him, and obey everything He tells me to do. God's part, on the other hand, is the outcome of that work.

          Today, I urge you; be still in God's Presence. Get to know the Lord Jesus! And then, through your obedience, the Most High God will be highly exalted among the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations of this whole earth!

Snippet from newly released Secrets of Shiloh:

“Even if you don’t fully understand what I’m trying to tell you today, just remember these words of advice: get to know the Lord Jesus, Rachel, and serve Him with all your heart. He’s worthy to be trusted and obeyed. The Lord will take care of you, Rachel, and your mother. I promise. He’s chasing after you with His goodness. You just have to be still and let Him catch you – and don’t do all the talkin’, young lady,” he added with a caring smile.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP