We call her blessed!

>> Monday, August 19, 2013

My father-in-law and mother-in-law, Ernest and Imogene Glassco; wedding day, 1937




"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels...Her children rise up and bless her...Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised!" (Prov. 31:10,28,30)



         I'm certain there's a party going on in heaven today celebrating my mother-in-law's 94th birthday. The greatest gift she ever gave me was dedicating my Phillip to the Lord while he grew in her womb. The greatest advice she ever gave me was: when Phillip gets grumpy, feed him!
   
Phillip and his mother, 1956
       Did you know that these Scripture verses: 

"For where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and Your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the Lord do to me and worse, if anything but death parts you and me." (Ruth 1:16-17)

....were not words spoken between a husband and wife but rather they were a loving pledge from a daughter-in-law to her mother-in-law? 

         Are your in-law relationships in-love? Today and in the days to come, "be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor...if possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all..." (Rom. 12:10,18)

                 Happy birthday, Mrs. Glassco! I love you!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP