His Keys

>> Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Key Necklace" by Donny Finley
Illustration from soon-to-be-released
Secrets of Shiloh



Jesus said, "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it! I will give you the keys of the kingdom..." (Matt. 16:18-19)


            The Lord and my Phillip play a wonderful game at Christmas time, birthday time, anniversary time, and any time that merits my sweet husband giving me a gift.

            Game rules:
            #1: Phillip goes to the jewelry store.
            #2: God shows him what to buy.
            #3: I search for the Scripture that goes with 
                  that piece of jewelry.

            (Ladies, isn't that a marvelous game!!!)

         Two "game prizes" hang on a golden chain about my neck today: an onyx cross reminding me that I was once a "treasure" in darkness rescued by Jesus's death on the cross and a gilded key urging me to take His keys of the kingdom and go help rescue others.

        Has Jesus rescued you from the darkness of your sins? Then get up, go forth, and be God's minister and witness to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Jesus! (Acts 26:16-17)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP