It's a Bird, It's a Plane, No, It's....

>> Thursday, August 1, 2013

My grandson: SUPERMAN!!!


"Gathering (His disciples) together, (Jesus) commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, 'Which,' He said, 'you heard from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.'" (Acts 1:4-5)


       In the wee hours of the morning, I scribbled in my journal, "Lord, please teach me what it means to be baptized with the Holy Spirit." Then the lights went out - literally no electricity in my house!
       His still, gentle voice said, "Jill, I'm your power Source. I wired you and equipped you. Without Me, however, you can do nothing (John 15:5), but through My power in you, you can do mighty things (Phil. 4:13).
       It's true! Last December, I was asked to speak to 700 ladies at a Christmas Tea in Charlotte, NC. I found it hard to sleep the night before as my mind spun round and round with thoughts like what have you gotten yourself into! I reached for my superman and said, "Phillip, please pray for me!" When I stepped up to the podium the next day, God took over. Thank You, Lord Jesus!!!

What duties are set before you today? Plug into the Power Source! Be filled with the Holy Spirit!

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness..." (2 Peter 1:3)

"Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen!" (Heb. 13:20-21)
    

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP