I Confess!

>> Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Illustration by Donny Finley from
Secrets of Shiloh
Available at: westbowpress.com, Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com


"...Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years!" (James 5:16-17)


       I confess! I've allowed doubt and faith to wrestle on the mat of my mind; and lately, doubt has prevailed because I focused more on what I saw and felt rather than what God said.
      This morning, through Pastor Brandon at Church of the Highlands' 21-days-of prayer, the Lord strengthened and encouraged me. Then bam! faith triumphantly pinned doubt to the ground in Jesus' name!

       Who's winning in your arena: doubt or faith? May the Lord strengthen and encourage you today to pin doubt to the ground forevermore in Jesus' name!

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." (Heb. 11:1) "For we live by believing and not by seeing!" (2 Cor. 5:7)

Snippet from Secrets of Shiloh:

Col. James led his loyal friend to an older section of the graveyard and pointed out the headstones of his parents and grandparents. Then he suggested, “Let’s go sit over there on that bench for a little while.” Rachel noticed that he looked tired and rather pale, but the old warrior never complained.
          “Rachel, I’ve shared many things with you over the years, but I regret that I’ve failed to share the most valuable part of my life – my relationship with God. Tough, old birds from my generation keep our faith to ourselves, and that’s not good. Well, I want to change that today.” 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP