Trust

>> Thursday, August 29, 2013

My daddy and brother, Rocky, 1950



"Jesus said to her, 'Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?'" (John 11:40)



               Just look at that cute grin on my brother's face. Even though he was six feet in the air, he trusted that his daddy would never let him fall.
               Through Oswald Chambers' classic My Utmost for His Highest, this morning, I heard my heavenly Father say, "Jill, will you trust Me where common sense does not? Will you venture out with courage just on My words? Endure the trials of your faith when your strength runs dry and the vision I gave you is blurred. Stay confident in Me, Jill. Be steadfast to the end! Believe steadfastly on Me. Let every challenge strengthen your faith, and trust Me absolutely. Let your trust run so deep that you could never even imagine that I would forsake you!"

        The Lord is worthy to be trusted. I pray that your trust in Him will run so deep that you will never even consider that He would ever forsake you, whom He loves so greatly!

"...for He Himself has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,' so that we confidently say, 'The Lord is my Helper, I will not be afraid....'" (Heb.13:5b-6a)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP